To show that we are all separated from God by our thoughts and actions.
Read the scripture and ask these questions: What is happening here and who is affected? What does this tell me about Jesus? What does this mean to me?
1. ROMANS 3:23 - ALL HAVE SINNED: No exceptions!
2. 1 JOHN 1:8-10 - IF WE SAY WE HAVE NOT SINNED,
We make Him a liar and the truth is not in us.
3. MARK 7:21-22 - SPECIFIC SINS.
Our purpose should be the same as Jesus’ to seek and save the lost.
4. GALATIANS 5:19-21 - THE HORROR OF SIN.
1) Go through each sin.
2) Be creative and specific.
3) Discuss such issues as:
c) Sexual sin.
5. EPHESIANS 5:3-7 - NOT EVEN A HINT OF SIN.
1) Don’t see how close you can get, but how far away from sin you can stay.
2) Be specific:
a) Living together unmarried.
b) Dates in risky places.
6. ROMANS 6:23 - SIN WILL LEAD TO ETERNAL DEATH.
7. ISAIAH 59:1-2 - OUR PROBLEM TO BE DEALT WITH.
1) Sin separates mankind from God.
2) Sin is a dividing wall.
3) This wall must be removed.
8. 2 PETER 3:9.
The Lord is not willing that any should perish, but that all
should come to repentance.
Response - To really appreciate the good news about Jesus, we must come to understand the bad news of where we are without Him, after this study a person should be convicted, and really desiring to know what to do next.
4a. Sins of the Heart/Flesh and Omision.
To show that not only do we sin by our lustful thoughts, desires and actions - but also through our failure to act at the correct time.
1. MARK 7:20-23 - SINS OF THE HEART.
1) Sin is from within.
2) They proceed out of the mouth.
3) These sins are shown in our speech.
2. GALATIANS 5:19-21 - SINS OF THE FLESH.
1) Stand in opposition to the spirit.
2) They condemn the soul.
3) These sins are shown in our actions.
3. JAMES 4:17 - SINS OF OMISSION.
1) Knowing the right thing to do.
2) Omission condemns.
3) These sins are shown in our failure to respond.
4. LUKE 12:42-48 - THE FAITHFUL AND SENSIBLE.
1) Doing is considered faithful & sensible.
2) Greater knowledge produces greater responsibility.
a) All to make disciples.----Matthew 28:19.
b) Abide in Gods word. -------John 8:31-32.
c) Love one another. --------John 13:34-35.
d) Encourage daily. ------Hebrews 3: 12-16.
e) Meet with the saints. ----Hebrews 10:25.
Praise the Lord that he has washed our sins away - now we need to show our gratitude by the way we live our lives.