10. The Church
To show that God adds us to His body of saved people, the church - not a building, but a living organism.
1. EPHESIANS 2:19-21 - GOD’S HOUSEHOLD.
1) Built upon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets.
2) Christ Jesus himself being the chief cornerstone.
3) Christians are a dwelling place for God.
2. 1CORINTHIANS 12:12 - ONE BODY.
1) Many individual members.
2) Equal concern for each part.
3) Each part is vital to the body.
3. ROMANS 12:4-5 - WE’RE ALL FAMILY.
4. HEBREWS 3:12-13 - ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER.
1) Look out for each others welfare.
2) Must be in daily contact.
3) Sin hardens, slowly.
5. HEBREWS 10:24-25 - DON’T STOP MEETING TOGETHER.
1) Consider how to stimulate one another.
2) Be a giver, not a taker.
6. ACTS 2:42 - CONTINUE ON DAILY.
1) Be devoted to -Apostles teaching, fellowship, breaking of bread & prayer.
2) Gave as they had need.
3) Met daily from house to house.
4) Had glad sincere hearts.
5) The Lord added daily to their number. The Church is often referred to as “the saved”, “the saints” or “the called”. It is also the kingdom of God, where God rules in men hearts. The Lord himself adds us to it, not man, it is alive and responsible for delivering God’s saving message to a lost and dying world.
Response -After this study it should be clear that we need to get close to our family the church and attend as many services as possible.
10a. The Church and Unity.
To show that the church isn’t a social club, but the body of Christ, singular, alive and active in saving the lost.
1. JOHN 17:20-21 - JESUS PRAYED FOR UNITY.
1) All disciples to be one in Christ.
2) By our unity the world will know that God sent
His son, Jesus.
2. 1 CORINTHIANS 1:10-17 - PAUL PLEADED FOR UNITY.
1) Don’t follow people, follow Jesus.
2) Teach only the Gospel.
3. 1 CORINTHIANS 4:17 - TIMOTIIY WAS SENT TO TEACH UNITY.
1) Paul taught the same thing in every church.
2) Teach Christ’s ways, not man’s way.
3) A jelly mold of a rabbit will produce identical rabbits everywhere.
4. EPHESIANS 1:16 - BIBLE TEACHES UNITY.
1) Christianity is singular.
2) All should strive for unity.
3) Become a mature Christian.
4) Christ holds us together.
5) Like a football team, each member has a role to play.
Make every effort to work with all Christians towards unity - it’s a command of God.