11. Useful to God
To remain growing and useful to God there are certain qualities o f life that we must constantly attain to.
1. JOHN 9:30:34 - REMAIN TEACHABLE.
1) The sin of the Pharisee was that he was unteachable. (:34.You were born entirely in sin, and are you trying to
2) Always remain open to being taught new things in relation to the word of God.
2. HEBREWS 5:11-14- BECOME A TEACHER.
1) We all should become mature enough to be teachers.
2) In teaching others, we grasp greater spiritual truths (Solid food).
3) The practice of God’s word causes us to be able to discern good and evil.
3. 2 PETER 1:4-11 - KEEP GROWING.
1) You’ve escaped the world.
2) You’ve become part of God.
3) Be hard working to grow in the qualities described in these scriptures.
4) These qualities make us useful to God.
5) If these qualities are yours and increasing they will ensure your salvation.
Response - This study should produce a strong desire to grow and mature in Christ - Can you imagine being useful to the creator of the universe?
11a. God is Able
Our God is more than able and we need to be constantly reminded of his great might.
1. 2 KINGS 6:8-17 - GOD THE GREATER.
1) He that is with us, is greater than he that is with them.
2) Pray for your eyes of faith to be open.
3) When you are in Christ you are in the majority.
2. ISAIAH 40:21-26 - GOD THE CREATOR.
1) Earth is nothing compared to God’s might.
2) God knows every star by name.
3) How much more will he care about you.
3. ROMANS 8:31 - GOD THE PROTECTOR.
1) If God is for us, who can be against us.
2) If He gave us His son - won’t he freely give us all things, if we ask?
3) Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ - nothing!
4. 1JOHN 4:4 - GOD THE ALMIGHTY.
1) We are God’s children.
2) We are victorious.
3) We’re on the greatest team.
4) We may look to be little, defeated and the world may appear to be winning. But God’s army will be victorious.
With God as our Father and Christ as our elder brother, can we ever be defeated?
11b . Disciplined for Growth.
To strive for the highest goal in our lives to be like Jesus, we must always remain pliable in the hands of the Lord.
1. REVELATION 2:1- 7 - THE DISCIPLINE OF THE CHURCH.
1) Encouraged for their good deeds.
2) Rebuked for their shortcomings.
3) Positive instruction.
a) Remember - The blessings of Christ.
b) Repent - Change your heart.
c) Redo - Get back to work
4) The promised reward.
2. HEBREWS 12:1-3 - THE DISCIPLINE OF THE LORD.
1) My suffering is never as extreme as Christ’s.
2) Without discipline we’re illegitimate.
3) Discipline produces righteousness.
4) Consider a broken leg which has not been set properly.
3. PROVERBS - THE DISCIPLINE OF PEOPLE.
1) The Rebuke:
Proverb 9:7-9 ........Rebuke a wise man and he will love you.
Proverb 17- 10 ......A rebuke goes deeper into one of understanding.
Proverb 27-6 ........ Faithful are the wounds of a friend.
2) The Advice:
Proverb 12: 15 ......A wise man listens to counsel.
Proverb 15:22 .......With many counsellors plans succeed.
Proverb 19:16-27...Listen to counsel & accept discipline.
3) The Correction:
Proverb 12: I .........Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge.
Proverb 15:10, 32 ..He who hates discipline will die.
With the correct application of discipline, in love, we will all grow into powerful servants of the Lord.
11c. The Victorious Christian.
To Bible calls us more than conquerors, and so we are, we’re the children of the King.
1. 2 CORINTHIANS 2:14-17 - WE’RE TRIUMPHANT.
1) Our supernatural father, takes natural people and does super things with them.
2) We’re in a victory parade being led by Christ in triumph.
2. 2 CORINTHIANS 3:1-5 - WE’RE CONFIDENT.
1) When we know Jesus we’re always confident.
2) He’s given us a new heart.
3. 2 CORINTHIANS 3:18 - WE’RE RADIANT.
1) We can be open and honest.
2) We have been transformed to be just like Jesus.
3) Jesus is glorious.
4. 2 CORINTHIANS 5: 17 - WE’RE BRAND NEW.
1) We’re new creatures in Christ.
2) All the past is erased.
3) All things are brand new.
5. 2 CORINTHIANS 5:18 - WE HAVE PURPOSE.
1) Our lives have reason and purpose.
2) We’re ambassadors for Christ.
3) We’re to reconcile men back to God.
Let’s choose to live according to our calling, as victorious Christians.
11d. Growing up in Jesus.
This study is for recent converts to assure them, in the face of Satan’s opposition.
1. 1PETER 5:6-11 - SATAN IS OUT TO GET YOU.
1) Be humble before the almighty God.
2) Resist Satan’s temptations.
3) Christ will perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
2. MATTHEW 4:1-11 - IT IS WRITTEN.
1) Three times Satan tempted Jesus.
2) Three times Jesus thwarted Satan with a recurring
statement (Matthew 4 :4, 7 & 10).
3)We must defeat Satan the same way, with the Word of God.
3. 1 PETER 2:1-5 - GOD’S WORD IS OUR FOOD.
1) Put the old self aside.
2) Like a baby, long for God’s word.
3) The word produces growth.
4) People will reject us.
5) We’re precious to God.
4. ROMANS 8:31-39 - WE WILL BE WINNERS IN CHRIST.
1) Nothing can pull us away from Christ.
2) We stand as conquerors against all created things in Christ.
With the word of God stored up in our hearts, we can more than stand against all temptations which Satan will throw at us.