To show that repentance brings about a complete change of heart, mind and action.
1. LUKE 13:1-5 -ALL MUST REPENT.
1) No one is more guilty.
2) Repentance or damnation.
2. ACTS 26:20 - PAUL TAUGHT REPENTANCE.
1) Prove repentance by your deeds.
2) Repentance is a change of heart.
3) Think of the example of Scrooge, in the famous Christmas story.
Question = HAS YOUR LIFE CHANGED?
3. LUKE 3:8 - BRING FORTH FRUIT IN KEEPING WITH REPENTANCE.
4. 2 CORINTHIANS 7:8-11 -THE PENITENT LIFE.
1) Worldly sorrow, is sorry that you were caught.
2) Godly sorrow produces change.
3) Produces eagerness, alarm & indignation.
Question = ARE YOU EAGER TO DO GOD’S WILL?
5. MARK 9:42-48 - GOD’S ATTITUDE TO SIN.
1) We’re responsible for others.
2) The worlds attitude to sin is apathetic.
3) God’s attitude is radical.
Question = DO YOU HAVE GOD’S ATTITUDE TO SIN?
6. ACTS 3:19 - TIMES OF REFRESHING COME WHEN WE REPENT.
7. PSALM 51:10-13 - “CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART O GOD.”
Response - We must call upon the Lord and make a conscious effort to turn from our old ways, towards God Repentance does not bring salvation, but it prepares us by our demonstration of our sincerity - a genuine desire to change should accompany this lesson.
5a. Dying to Sin Daily
To show that Christianity is a continual putting off of the old sinful nature. and a putting on of good things - growth.
1. LUKE 9:32 - DENY YOURSELF DAILY.
1) Make Christ your daily example.
2) What would Christ do in this situation.
3) Would I be ashamed if He caught me here? He is here!
2. ROMANS 12:1-2 - RENEW YOUR MIND DAILY.
1) Be selective in what you put into your mind.
2) Feed a dog crumbs you get a crumby dog.
3. GALATIANS 2:20 - LET CHRIST LIVE IN YOU DAILY.
1) You are dead, Christ now lives.
2) If you are easily offended or hurt you are not dead - you cannot hurt the dead.
4. MARK 9:42-48 - KILL SINS DAILY.
1) Develop God’s attitude to sin.
2) Cut sin out of our lives.
3) Would you let germs run rampant in your kitchen?
Don’t let sin run rampant in your life.
5. PSALM 32:3-5 - SIN DRAINS AWAY VITALITY.
1) Unforgiven sin drains vitality.
2) Acknowledgment of sin brings refreshment.
3) Be vital, active and in touch with Jesus.Grow away from the sinful nature, towards God.
The only life that’s worth living is one which strives to be Christlike each day - reaching for perfection.