6. Darkness to Light
To show that there is a line, not a grey area between being in darkness/lost and being in the light/saved.
1. COLOSSIANS.1:13-14 -TRANSFERRED INTO HIS KINGDOM.
1) We’re delivered from darkness to light.
2) Into Christ’s kingdom/saved.
3) Salvation is in Christ.
2. 1 PETER 2:9-10 - NOW THE PEOPLE OF GOD.
1) Once not a people.
2) Now we’re God’s people.
3) Once you’d received no mercy.
4) Now we’ve received mercy.
5) There is a definite barrier to remove.
3. ISAIAH 59:1-2 - SIN SEPARATES US.
1) The Lord is able to save us.
2) We’ve made the separation.
3) Our sins separate us from God.
4) Our sins must be removed.
4. MATTHEW 26:26-29 - THE NEW COVENANT.
1) Christ’s blood is the new covenant.
2) Poured out for the forgiveness of our sins.
3) How do we contact his blood?
5. ROMANS 6:3-7 - OUR BURIAL AND NEW LIFE.
1) Being buried ,with Christ in baptism.
2) As he was raised, we’re raised into newness of life.
3) We’re free from our sins.
Response - Baptism brings us into the light from darkness, by washing away our sins which separate us from God - a positive desire to be transformed should accompany this lesson.